In this podcast Jerome Deroy and Julienne Ryan talk about the ways in which leaders can connect with their employees with personal stories in the wake of the events of 2020.
In this episode they talk about:
- Many companies are seriously utilising Diversity, Equity & inclusion.
- Leaders eyes (and ears) opened in hearing employee stories in the wake of George Floyd’s death and the personal stories that came out through listening sessions where leaders invited stories from their employees
- People need the tools to be able to tell their stories
- Be prepared to receive the response(s) to your personal story
- How we listen shapes the storytelling
- Sharing common experiences through stories is where the dialogue starts
- Turning a negative story into a positive message
- Motivations to tell a personal story and to empower employees
- Recognising significant life-changing moments
- Murray Nossel’s Masterclass
- Take the chance to tell the ‘hindsight is 20-20’ story that shows what you learned
- Ask yourself why you need a story?
- Practising STORY TOURISM