This webinar was recorded on March 5, 2018, at 1 PM Eastern Time.
Duration: 1 hour.
In our Storytelling for Onboarding webinar, Narativ’s CEO, Jerome Deroy, spoke with special guest Caroline Sarnoff, former Director of Outreach at Measures for Justice, about the story-based onboarding program that we created for their disruptive data-science company. The conversation highlighted the kinds of information the training unearthed, its implementation, and its impact on new hires. They also talked about where MFJ plans to go in 2018 with story-based training.
Watch the video on Youtube below:
- Knowledge-based stories are delivered in a short series of podcasts that new hires can listen to anywhere, anytime.
- Listening to a story, rather than an explanation, allows new hires to place themselves in the position of the storyteller and begin to strategize about how they themselves would perform during the most stressful of circumstances. This gives employees both the knowledge and the confidence to take initiative sooner, which increases both job performance and productivity.
- A “way of doing things” gets broken down into steps that are repeatable and transferable to new hires, steps that even the knowledge-holder may not have yet clearly formulated themselves.
- Knowledge Story is not about being great storytellers, but using the principles of storytelling to obtain knowledge from a knowledge-holder in a way others can easily understand.
- The modules indelibly capture the “state of knowledge” in a company at any given time and contribute to an organization’s cultural history and evolution.
Sasha is the Chief Operating Officer of Narativ. Previously he ran a creative communication agency with his wife, Tatjana Krizmanic. He is also one of the vice presidents of Mangala Shri Bhuti.